Tuesday, November 22, 2011

little children and little sisters...

So yesterday I think I mentioned something about all my dreams. One of the huge ones that I've always had was to be able to adopt one day. I have such a passion for children and it breaks my heart every time I think that there's so many without a home, without a family. Whenever I think about my future husband and kids, there's always a few adopted ones in the mix. I know it's crazy expensive and such a long process but I know it's for me. I really feel led to do something like that...maybe even foster care. It's sort of sad to think about how long I'm gonna have to wait to bring that dream to fruition though. I mean obviously I need a husband that's supportive first and foremost! Then, of course I need to finish school and get a home. Oh and the extra finances! It's overwhelming thinking about all that BUT then it hit me...

What I can do is start my "adoption savings account" now. That's something I can do and continue doing for the however many years it takes. Then, when I do meet my future husband one day and we have this conversation, I can be like...well I already have so and so saved up so let's do it! Even 20 dollars here and there will make me feel like I'm planning for my future...a dream I've had forever. Adoption is such an amazing thing and I want to be a part of it one day. I'm going to continue to pray for God's guidance in all my dreams and ambitions and I know He'll lead the way in every journey. It's so cool to think about how, in reality, we were all orphans before the Lord adopted us as His children. I think the Lord has such a special place in His heart for the "unwanted."

As far as the purity thing goes, everything is great! I've been doing fairly well for the most part....had a couple thoughts here and there and a few lonely, boring nights. The next morning was excellent though, when I would wake up and be proud of myself. I'm not just talking about sex either. Also, texting, flirting, emailing, calling, or whatever. So things are great today.

I'm going home today after work to Alabama to see my family and I'm really excited :). They are my heart, especially my little sister Laura Beth. She is everything that is good in this world...I wouldn't be who I am today without her constant love, support, and forgiveness. I'm not ashamed to say that my very best friend is my 16 year old sister. She is going to do amazing things and I can't wait to see it! I could rant on forever about her but I'll spare you this time!

She's beautiful!
and WE'RE beautiful!
I couldn't be more proud of her and I hope she's proud of me :) This is me today ya'll...I look super thick in this picture but it's Thanksgiving week so I get a free pass! ;)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS! Thank you for your vulnerability!
    I think the savings account is a fab idea and will most def make you feel like you are working towards your dream!

    ReplyDelete