Thursday, November 17, 2011

challenges and changes...

It is freezing in my office today but I don't wanna mess with the thermostat because yesterday it was scorching hot...my life haha.

So yesterday I encountered somewhat of a challenge with all this. I went out to eat with some friends and for some reason I felt so gross in the sweater I was wearing! I realized I would have felt much more comfortable and more attractive if it showed a little more ya know?? That's not a good thing I know but it's what I'm used to. I'm glad I recognize what I was thinking and recognized also how moronic that sounds but I still need to work on where the thoughts stem from. Needless to say I am proud of myself...I could have changed and I didn't.

I'm sort of struggling with my daily devotional too. I have a great Bible and a great devotional book but it's so hard for me to get up in the mornings with enough time to do it. I know I could do it at night but that seems so weird...since I was always told to do devotionals in the morning as to start off your day right with a Godly mindset. I just need to make it a priority and get up. It's so hard to make this complete change though. I want it...I really do. But sometimes I miss the old me. A lot of times I do actually. I almost feel like I'm boring now to my friends. I know life with the Lord is the most exciting adventure ever, I get that. But I haven't done the work to get there yet, so I feel like I'm not as much fun as I used to be or something...I don't know.  I feel ignorant even saying that but it's the way I feel sometimes.

Compass testing tomorrow!!

1 comment: